This web page indicates when and how we use the personal information that you or others provide to us via the website https://secure.arhon.org (the « Website »).
1. WHO ARE WE ?
Secure Arhon is a platform offering a hotel reservation service with secure payment. The entire service is accessible from the websites of each hotelier partner of Arhon Concept AG.
We are Arhon Concept AG, a company registered in Switzerland under number CH-493.917.313
Our address is c/o Balfina AG – Lange Gasse 90 – 4052 Basel -SWITZERLAND
2. HOW DO YOU USE MY DATA ?
2.1. When you make a reservation on the website :
When you make a reservation on the website, we use your personal data to complete the reservation and, when you have an account with us, to update your account. The data we collect from you are: your name, surname, civility, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, the reason for your trip as well as the surname, first name, civility, ‘postal address, e-mail address, email and telephone number of any person with whom you will travel (your » accompanying « ).
To ensure that the hosting provider concerned can complete the booking in accordance with the hosting agreement, we will share your personal information and the personal information of your companions with the hosting provider with whom you made the booking.
We must treat your personal information in this way to ensure that the hosting provider is able to fulfill its obligations under the hosting agreement.
2.2. When you call us, we write (by email or mail) or use our chat service on our website:
When you contact us (by telephone, e-mail, mail or via our chat service) with general or specific requests, we may also manage your personal information (your name, contact information and other information you provide us) so to bring you the customer service you asked us. This can be when you ask us to provide more information about accommodation (including information) or a reservation, or to explain how our service works.
When your request relates to hosting (including information), the hosting provider or a specific booking, we may share your personal information with the hosting provider concerned.
We rely on your consent to process your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request for customer service purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your questions.
2.3. When you have expressed an interest in the service:
This section applies if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us or if you have already expressed an interest in the Service and have not disabled it.
We will treat your personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number) to provide you with marketing communications that conform to the preferences you have given us.
When we send you marketing emails because you have chosen to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
If you have not registered and are sending marketing e-mails to us, we do so because of our legitimate interest in promoting the success of the Service.
Each email we send you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be treated in this way at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, where appropriate, following the unsubscribe link indicated in each marketing communication you receive from us.
2.4. To improve the website:
We will also use your personal information to provide you with a more efficient user experience (for example, by showing temporary accommodations that we think may be of interest to you).
Our use of your information in this way means that your experience of our site will be more suitable for you, and that the temporary hosting that you see on our site may differ from someone accessing the same site with a different history or habits different navigation.
We also share your aggregated and anonymous data with third-party analytics providers and search engines that help us improve and optimize our site.
We will also use your personal data for the purpose of securing and administering our website and for internal business purposes, including assistance, data analysis, testing, research, statistics and surveys.
We treat your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest in providing you with the best possible experience and ensuring the security of our website.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the « do not track » feature in your Internet browser. If you enable feature tracking, our site may be less suited to your needs and preferences.
2.5. If our business is sold:
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
• If we sell or buy a business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the seller or buyer (but only to the extent that we need it, and always in compliance with data protection legislation); or
• if Arhon Concept AG or the majority of its assets are acquired by someone else, in which case the personal information held by Arhon Concept AG will be transferred to the buyer.
We treat your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest in our business continuing to operate. If you object to the use of your personal information in this manner, the seller or the relevant purchaser of our company may not be able to provide you with services.
In certain circumstances, we may also need to share your personal information if we are obliged to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
3. WHAT ABOUT TECHNICAL AND ANALYTICAL INFORMATION?
3.1. Information we collect about you:
When you visit our site, we automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the intranet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone, plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, the operating system and the platform; and information about your visit, including complete resource locators, clickstream to, from and to our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of time visits to certain pages (scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to navigate far from the page.
Information we receive from other sources: We also work closely with third-party ad networks, analytics providers, web hosts, and search information providers from which we may also receive anonymous aggregated general information about your information subject.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or on your computer’s hard drive. We use and store nonessential cookies on your computer’s browser or hard drive if you consent.
We use the following cookies:
Goal of the cookie
• « arhonbooking_session » and « XSRF-TOKEN »: For guests making or managing a reservation. It ensures (and only you) to return to the reservation you started to complete it.
• « Currency conversions. »: If the hosting owner accepts multiple currencies, and you have selected a currency other than their default value, this cookie avoids redefining the currency each time the page changes.
Cookies defined by third-party services
You will probably see cookies from the following companies:
Service cookie prefix
• « Google Analytics _ga »: Popular website analytics platform
• « __cfduid »: JS file hosting platform.
• « Hotjar divers »: Anonymous screen record of the user routes. Useful to see if you are stuck using certain parts of our site.
You can block cookies by setting your browser to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or part of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies expire after 2 years.
WHERE ARE MY DATA STORED?
We and our servers are based in Switzerland, so your personal information is stored in Switzerland.
We may, from time to time, need to transfer your personal data to third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to improve our functionality, in which case the processing of your personal information involves a transfer of data in outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we make sure that it is protected by ensuring that at least one of the following backups is in place:
• transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
• using specific contracts approved by the European Commission that give your personal information the same protection.
When we use US-based providers, we may transfer data to them if they are part of Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to the personal data shared between Europe and the United States.
You can contact us at email@example.com for more details on how we protect the specific transfer of your data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party data storage providers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including to meet legal or accounting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the reasons for which we process your personal data.
YOUR RIGHT OF OPPOSITION UNDER DATA RADIATION LAWS
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information when:
– We treat your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the « How do you use my data » section above).
– If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will stop unless we justify the continued use of your personal information; or for marketing purposes.
– If you oppose the processing of your personal data on this basis, we will stop.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS IN DATA PROTECTION LAWS ?
You have different rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission to access
You have the right to receive confirmation that your personal information is processed by Arhon Concept AG, as well as various other information relating to the use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information that we process.
Right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information that we hold about you by providing us with an additional statement.
Right to restriction
You may restrict the processing of your personal information when:
• you believe that we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
• Our processing of your personal information violates the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
• We no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons;
• We treat your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the « How We Use Your Data » section above), and we are objecting to this use of your personal information. When you exercise your right to prevent us from using your personal information, we will only process your personal information.
When you agree, except for storage reasons and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and readable format and to send it to another organization controlling your personal information.
This right applies only to your personal information that we process because you have consented to us using it or because there is a contract between us.
Right of cancellation
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information that we process under the following circumstances:
• where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it;
• where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal way to continue to use your personal information.
• when we needed your consent to use your personal information, you withdrew your consent and there is no other legal way to continue to use your personal information; • when you object to the use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to continue to handle it;
• if our processing of your personal information has violated the law;
• and when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law to which we are subject.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in Switzerland.
WHAT ABOUT LINKED WEBSITES?
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that you have left our website and that these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility for these policies or third party websites. Please check their policies before submitting personal information to these sites.